Celebrity Cruises President & CEO Michael Bayley will personally host a seven-night sailing on Celebrity Equinox departing from Rome (Civitavecchia) July 26, 2014, with a series of events designed exclusively for members of Celebrity’s Captain’s Club loyalty program (“Classic” level membership or higher).
In addition to the exceptional evening in the medieval village of Bolgheri, considered the ultimate destination for Super Tuscan wine enthusiasts, Celebrity’s President’s Cruise will allow Captain’s Club members and other guests to book dining experiences offered exclusively on this sailing, each representing Celebrity’s culinary excellence:
• A Taste of Nice: This four-course Mediterranean dinner will feature locally-caught seafood, farm-to-table vegetables, artisanal olive oils, local wine pairings and dessert, all created by Celebrity Chefs Thomas Szymanski and Thierry Houlbert, and served in Celebrity’s elegant Murano restaurant. The prix fixe menu is $95 per person.
• Molecular Cocktail dinner: Captain’s Club members on this sailing can join Celebrity’s James Beard-featured Chef John Suley and “The Liquid Chef” Junior Merino on a tour de force fusion of cocktails from Celebrity’s Molecular Bar paired with a ‘uniquely unordinary’ menu inspired by Celebrity’s engaging specialty restaurant, Qsine. The prix fixe menu is $95 per person.
• James Beard House dinner: Celebrity was the first cruise line to be invited to prepare dinner at the revered James Beard House in 2012, and the menu for this evening will replicate it exactly, with globally influenced classic and contemporary creations. The intimate, four-course dinner complete with an international array of award-winning wines and desserts will be served in the private Murano restaurant wine cellar and will be co-hosted by Master Sommelier Andrea Immer Robinson. The prix fixe menu is $195 per person, and includes a copy of Celebrity’s hardbound “Excite the Senses” culinary and lifestyle book.
• New York Pop-Up evening: Celebrity was the first cruise line to introduce a pop-up restaurant on land in 2012, and this dining experience will recreate it on Celebrity Equinox for Captain’s Club members who reserve a space. The modern seasonal creations on the four-course menu designed by Chef Suley feature dishes prepared exclusively with sustainable and organic products. Co-hosted by Master Sommelier Andrea Immer Robinson, the dinner includes wines and dessert, along with a copy of Celebrity’s hardbound “Excite the Senses” culinary and lifestyle book. The prix fixe menu is $95 per person.
• A Taste of Spain: Captain’s Club members who book this experience will enjoy traditional tapas, such as Iberico ham and samplings of olive oils direct from Andalusia. Celebrity Chefs Rufino Rengifo and Thierry Houlbert will host the evening together with Master Sommelier Andrea Immer Robinson, and will pair Spanish delicacies with fine wines including Riojas, Priorats and Sherry. The prix fixe menu is $95 per person.
Guests on this sailing also can purchase select shore excursions, including a scenic tour and tasting at the Tenute Nozzole winery, or Celebrity ExclusivesSM, such as a hot air balloon ride over the Tuscan countryside, a tour via Ferrari of the Côte d’Azur, and a specially designed helicopter flight prior to an intimate lunch at renowned Chef Alain Ducasse’s Provencal Inn. Space is extremely limited within the collection of Celebrity Exclusives, and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
After departing from Rome (Civitavecchia), guests on Celebrity Cruises’ 7-night President’s Cruise in 2014 will visit some of the finest destinations in the Mediterranean, including Florence, Italy; Nice (Villefranche), France; Ajaccio, Corsica; Porto Torres (Sardinia), Italy; and Palma de Mallorca, Spain, concluding in Barcelona, Spain.